50-6-412. Duties of regional trauma care advisory committees. A regional trauma care advisory committee shall:
(1) establish standards, policies, procedures, and protocols for the regional trauma care system;
(2) conduct regional trauma care quality improvement, including receipt of reports prepared by the department containing trauma care data and making recommendations to trauma care facilities within the region based upon those reports;
(3) advise the trauma care committee concerning the statewide trauma care system;
(4) establish trauma education and injury prevention programs;
(5) provide advice concerning trauma care to health care facilities and other providers of health care;
(6) perform other duties required by department rule; and
(7) conduct other activities needed to ensure optimal delivery of trauma care services within the region.
History: En. Sec. 9, Ch. 579, L. 1995.