23-2-615. Nonresident temporary-use permits -- use of fees. (1) The requirements pertaining to the nonresident temporary-snowmobile-use permit are as follows:
(a) Application for the issuance of the permit must be made at locations and upon forms prescribed by the department. The forms must include but are not limited to:
(i) the applicant's name and permanent address;
(ii) the make, model, year, and serial number of the snowmobile; and
(iii) an affidavit declaring the nonresidency of the applicant.
(b) Upon submission of the application and a fee of $6, a nonresident temporary-snowmobile-use sticker must be issued. The sticker must be displayed in a conspicuous manner on the snowmobile.
(2) The temporary permit is valid for a consecutive 30-day period as designated by the permit.
(3) The permit is not proof of ownership, and a certificate of ownership may not be issued.
(4) A nonresident temporary-snowmobile-use permit is not required for a snowmobile that qualifies as a racing snowmobile under 23-2-622.
(5) All money collected by payment of fees under this section must be turned over to the state treasurer and placed in the state special revenue fund to the credit of the department of fish, wildlife, and parks, with one-half to be used in administering this section and one-half to be used in the development, maintenance, and operation of snowmobile facilities.
(6) The failure to display the permit as required by this section or the making of false statements in obtaining the permit is a misdemeanor, punishable by a fine of not less than $25 or more than $100.
History: En. 53-1016.1 by Sec. 6, Ch. 421, L. 1977; R.C.M. 1947, 53-1016.1; amd. Sec. 2, Ch. 218, L. 1979; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 277, L. 1983; amd. Sec. 3, Ch. 351, L. 1993.