75-10-221. License required -- application. (1) Except as provided in 75-10-214, no person may dispose of solid waste or operate a solid waste management system without a license from the department.
(2) The department shall provide application forms for a license as provided in this part.
(3) The application shall contain the name and business address of the applicant, the location of the proposed solid waste management system, a plan of operation and maintenance, and such other information as the department may by rule require.
(4) The license provided for in this section is for a period not to exceed 12 months unless renewed by the department. The department may provide exceptions to the 12-month requirement for a 2-year period following July 1, 1991.
(5) The department may require submission of a new application if the department determines that the plan of operation, the management of the solid waste system, or the geological or ground water conditions have changed since the license was initially approved.
(6) In establishing fees for licenses and the review of applications, the department shall consider the volume of waste to be managed and the size of the proposed solid waste management system. The fees must encourage reduction in the volume of waste to be managed and cover the costs to the department of initially reviewing and annually licensing the solid waste management system.
History: En. Sec. 4, Ch. 35, L. 1965; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 349, L. 1969; amd. Sec. 109, Ch. 349, L. 1974; amd. Sec. 5, Ch. 542, L. 1977; R.C.M. 1947, 69-4004(1); amd. Sec. 6, Ch. 358, L. 1981; amd. Sec. 6, Ch. 643, L. 1991.