2-15-1840. Alternative health care board -- composition -- terms -- allocation. (1) There is an alternative health care board.
(2) The board consists of six members appointed by the governor with the consent of the senate. The members are:
(a) two persons from each of the health care professions regulated by the board who have been actively engaged in the practice of their respective professions for at least 3 years preceding appointment to the board;
(b) one public member who is not a member of a profession regulated by the board; and
(c) one member who is a Montana physician whose practice includes obstetrics.
(3) The members must have been residents of this state for at least 3 years before appointment to the board.
(4) All members shall serve staggered 4-year terms. A member may not be appointed for more than two consecutive terms. The governor may remove a member from the board for neglect of a duty required by law, for incompetency, or for unprofessional or dishonorable conduct.
(5) The board is allocated to the department for administrative purposes only, as prescribed in 2-15-121.
(6) The board is designated a quasi-judicial board for the purposes of 2-15-124, except that one member of the board need not be an attorney licensed to practice law in this state.
History: En. Sec. 1, Ch. 524, L. 1991; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 314, L. 1993.