31-1-724. Civil remedies. (1) The remedies provided in this section are cumulative and apply to licensees and unlicensed persons to whom this part applies.
(2) Any violation of this part constitutes an unfair or deceptive trade practice.
(3) Any person found to have violated this part is liable to the consumer for actual and consequential damages, plus statutory damages of $1,000 for each violation, plus costs and attorney fees.
(4) A consumer may sue for injunctive and other appropriate equitable relief to stop a person from violating any provisions of this part.
(5) The consumer may bring a class action suit to enforce this part.
(6) The remedies provided in this section are not intended to be the exclusive remedies available to a consumer for a violation of this part.
History: En. Sec. 14, Ch. 404, L. 1999.