85-9-405. Directors' powers over property. On behalf of the district, the directors may:
(1) enter private property for the purposes of making surveys, provided that just compensation for actual damages is made;
(2) appropriate water and initiate or participate in the adjudication of streams;
(3) acquire, undertake, construct, develop, improve, maintain, and operate works and all incidental facilities;
(4) acquire by purchase, exchange, gift, lease, grant, devise, or otherwise lands, water, water rights, or rights-of-way as necessary for the execution of any authorized function of the district. Title to all property (including water rights) shall be in the name of the district.
(5) hold and dispose of property as necessary or convenient in the performance of the functions of the district;
(6) allocate or reallocate unused waters of the district.
History: En. Sec. 14, Ch. 100, L. 1969; R.C.M. 1947, 89-3414(4), (6) thru (8), (10), (18).