41-5-130. Participating and nonparticipating jurisdictions. (1) Each judicial district may elect to participate in the juvenile delinquency intervention program.
(2) A jurisdiction that elects to participate in the program may expend funds from a juvenile placement fund for out-of-home placements or for other services intended to reduce or prevent juvenile delinquency subject to restrictions in this chapter and administrative rules adopted by the department.
(3) A jurisdiction that does not elect to participate in the program may commit youth to the department for out-of-home placements pursuant to this chapter.
(4) A jurisdiction that has not previously participated in the program may elect to participate in the program prior to the start of a new biennium. Participation must be for a complete biennium. A jurisdiction may elect to discontinue participation in future bienniums upon 3 months' written notice to the department prior to the beginning of the next biennium.
(5) A youth court that does not participate in the program may not expend any juvenile placement funds for placements or services unless approved by the department pursuant to 41-5-123.
(6) The department shall establish an account for each judicial district in order to administer a juvenile placement fund as appropriated by the legislature. The accounts must be used by the youth courts for funding out-of-home placements.
History: En. Sec. 11, Ch. 587, L. 2001.