82-10-301. Definitions. Unless the context requires otherwise, in this part the following definitions apply:
(1) "Board" means the board of oil and gas conservation provided for in 2-15-3303.
(2) "Native gas" means gas which has not been previously withdrawn from the earth.
(3) "Natural gas" means gas either while in its original state or after the same has been processed by removal therefrom of component parts not essential to its use for light and fuel.
(4) "Natural gas public utility" means any person, firm, or corporation authorized to do business in this state and engaged in the business of transporting or distributing natural gas by means of pipelines into, within, or through this state for ultimate public use.
(5) "Underground reservoir" means any subsurface sand, stratum, or formation of the earth suitable for the injection and storage of natural gas therein and the withdrawal of natural gas therefrom.
(6) "Underground storage" means the process of injecting and storing of natural gas within and withdrawing of natural gas from an underground reservoir.
History: En. Sec. 1, Ch. 259, L. 1955; amd. Sec. 83, Ch. 253, L. 1974; R.C.M. 1947, 60-801.