17-8-244. Exemptions. Section 17-8-242 does not apply to the following:
(1) interagency or intergovernmental transactions;
(2) claims subject to a good faith dispute brought before a government agency or before a court. Interest in a proceeding subject to this subsection is governed by 18-1-404.
(3) delinquencies because of natural disasters, disruptions in postal or delivery service, work stoppage because of labor disputes, power failures, or any other cause resulting from circumstances clearly beyond the control of the payer agency;
(4) wages due and payable to state employees or payments from any state retirement system created pursuant to Title 19; or
(5) claims submitted to the state or to its fiscal intermediary by providers of supplies or services under the Montana medicaid or workers' compensation program if reasonable cause for nonpayment exists.
History: En. Sec. 3, Ch. 484, L. 1983; amd. Sec. 39, Ch. 530, L. 1995; amd. Sec. 7, Ch. 181, L. 2001.