33-30-305. Prohibited trade practices. In order to regulate trade practices of health service corporations the following practices are prohibited:
(1) No person may make, issue, circulate, or cause to be made, issued, or circulated any estimate, circular, or statement misrepresenting:
(a) the terms of any health service corporation membership contract issued or to be issued; or
(b) the benefits or advantages promised thereby.
(2) No person may make any misleading representation or any misrepresentation as to the financial condition of any health service corporation.
(3) No person may make, publish, disseminate, circulate, or place before the public or cause, directly or indirectly, to be made, published, disseminated, circulated, or placed before the public in a newspaper, magazine, or other publication or in the form of a notice, circular, pamphlet, letter, or poster or over any radio or television station or in any other way an advertisement, announcement, or statement containing any assertion, representation, or statement with respect to the business of a health service corporation which is untrue, deceptive, or misleading.
(4) No person may make or issue or cause to be made or issued any written or oral statement misrepresenting or making incomplete comparisons as to the terms, conditions, or benefits contained in any health service corporation membership contract for the purpose of inducing or attempting or tending to induce a member to cancel or convert any membership contract.
(5) No person may file with any public official or make, publish, disseminate, circulate, or deliver to any person or place before the public or cause directly or indirectly to be made, published, disseminated, circulated, delivered to any person, or placed before the public any false statement of financial condition of a health service corporation with intent to deceive.
(6) No person may make any false entry in any book, report, or statement of any health service corporation with intent to deceive any agent or examiner lawfully appointed to examine into its condition or into any of its affairs or any public official to whom that health service corporation is required by law to report or who has authority by law to examine into its condition or into any of its affairs or, with like intent, willfully omit to make a true entry of any material fact pertaining to the business of that health service corporation in any book, report, or statement of the health service corporation.
(7) No person may make, publish, disseminate, or circulate, directly or indirectly, or aid, abet, or encourage the making, publishing, disseminating, or circulating of any oral or written statement or any pamphlet, circular, article, or literature which is false or maliciously critical of or derogatory to the financial condition of a health service corporation or of an organization proposing to become a health service corporation and which is calculated to injure any person engaged or proposing to engage in the business of operating a health service corporation.
(8) No person may enter into agreement to commit or by any concerted action commit any act of boycott, coercion, or intimidation resulting in or tending to result in unreasonable restraint of the operation of health service corporations.
History: En. 40-5918 by Sec. 18, Ch. 319, L. 1975; R.C.M. 1947, 40-5918(intro.), (1) thru (7).