44-5-403. Computer programming. Procedures for each automated criminal justice information system shall assure that the information is secured by the following programming techniques and security procedures:
(1) the assignment of a terminal identification code to each terminal authorized to access the criminal justice information system;
(2) the assignment of a unique identification number to each authorized terminal operator, which number must be used to gain access to the files;
(3) the maintenance of a record of each inquiry to identify the inquiring agency, the program used to make the inquiry, the date of the inquiry, and the name of the file being queried;
(4) computer programming controls to ensure that each terminal user can obtain only that information which the user is authorized to use;
(5) creation and use of a safe place for storage of duplicate computer files;
(6) built-in program controls to ensure that each terminal is limited to the appropriate or authorized information that can be input, modified, or canceled from it;
(7) destruction or safeguarding of system documentation and data input forms; and
(8) creation of reports to provide for an audit trail and periodic review of file accessed, modifications, and deletions. All criminal justice intelligence information shall be identified as such.
History: En. Sec. 16, Ch. 525, L. 1979.