67-1-102. Policy. It is hereby declared that the purpose of this title is to further the public interest and aeronautical progress by:
(1) providing for the protection and promotion of safety in aeronautics;
(2) cooperating in effecting a uniformity of the laws relating to the development and regulation of aeronautics in the several states;
(3) revising existing statutes relative to the development and regulation of aeronautics so as to grant to a state agency such powers and impose upon it such duties that the state may properly perform its functions relative to aeronautics and effectively exercise its jurisdiction over persons and property within such jurisdiction, may assist in the promotion of a statewide system of airports, may cooperate with and assist the political subdivisions of this state and others engaged in aeronautics, and may encourage and develop aeronautics;
(4) establishing uniform regulations, consistent with federal regulations and those of other states, in order that those engaged in aeronautics of every character may so engage with the least possible restriction, consistent with the safety and the rights of others; and
(5) providing for cooperation with the federal authorities in the development of a national system of civil aviation and for coordination of the aeronautical activities of those authorities and the authorities of this state by assisting in accomplishing the purposes of federal legislation and eliminating costly and unnecessary duplication of functions.
History: En. Sec. 3, Ch. 152, L. 1945; R.C.M. 1947, 1-103.