17-2-301. Definitions. As used in this part, unless the context requires otherwise, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Approving authority" means:
(a) in the case of a state agency, the approving authority as defined in 17-7-102;
(b) in the case of a local government entity, the local government entity's governing body.
(2) "Capital project" means the planned and necessary replacement or upgrade of building facilities, infrastructure, or equipment that is budgeted for by a state agency or a local government entity.
(3) (a) "Charge for services" or "charge" means a fee, charge, levy, or other assessment that is established by state agency rule or local government entity ordinance and that is:
(i) charged by the state agency or local government entity to a user of a service provided by the state agency or local government entity;
(ii) charged by the state agency or local government entity in exchange for a license, permit, or other type of grant of authority by the state agency or local government entity; or
(iii) collected exclusively to provide promotional or marketing services to the person on whom the charge is levied and that is not assessed or collected pursuant to Title 15.
(b) For the purposes of 17-2-302(1) or (3)(a) or 17-2-304, the term includes a fee, charge, levy, or other assessment established as provided in subsection (3)(a) and a fee, charge, levy, or other assessment established by statute.
(4) "Governing body" means the:
(a) board of county commissioners in the case of a county;
(b) municipal commission in the case of a municipality;
(c) commission in the case of a consolidated government; or
(d) town meeting legislative body in the case of a town.
(5) "Legislative audit division" means the legislative audit division established by 5-13-301.
(6) "Local charge for services fund" or "local fund" means an accounting fund maintained by a local government entity for which the exclusive source of revenue is one or more charges for services or interest or other income on the fund.
(7) "Local government entity" means a county, city, consolidated government, or town.
(8) "Operating plan" means the financial plan used by a state agency or local government entity showing in detail the purposes for which the state agency's or local government entity's operating revenue will be spent in the current fiscal year of the state agency or local government entity and the fund from which the expenditures will be made.
(9) "State agency" means an agency as defined in 17-7-102.
(10) "State charge for services fund" or "state fund" means an account within the special revenue fund established by 17-2-102 for which the exclusive source of revenue is one or more charges for services or interest or other income on the fund.
History: En. Sec. 1, Ch. 270, L. 1997.