19-17-109. Eligible fire company. To be eligible to participate under this chapter, a fire company shall provide to the board documentation of the following:
(1) the fire company's name and mailing address;
(2) the name of the fire chief and designated official, if any;
(3) the portion of the fire district serviced by the fire company;
(4) that the area serviced is located in an unincorporated area;
(5) that the fire company maintains firefighting equipment that is in serviceable condition and owns, rents, or uses one or more buildings for the storage of the equipment. The equipment and buildings must be valued at $12,000 or more.
(6) that the fire company was properly established by a governing board. Documentation under this subsection (6) must consist of:
(a) a copy of the minutes of the meeting during which the governing board established the fire company; or
(b) if the meeting minutes are unavailable, a copy of its first filing with the county clerk pursuant to 7-33-2311.
History: En. Sec. 7, Ch. 64, L. 2011.