20-10-112. Duties of superintendent of public instruction. In order to have a uniform and equal provision of transportation by all districts in the state of Montana, the superintendent of public instruction shall:
(1) prescribe rules and forms for the implementation and administration of the transportation policies adopted by the board of public education;
(2) prescribe rules for the approval of school bus routing by the county transportation committee;
(3) prescribe the format of the contract for individual transportation and supply each county superintendent with a sufficient number of contracts;
(4) prescribe rules for the approval of individual transportation contracts, including the increases of the schedule rates because of isolation under the policy of the board of public education, and provide a degree-of-isolation chart to school district trustees to serve as a guide;
(5) approve, disapprove, or adjust all school bus routing submitted by the county superintendent;
(6) approve, disapprove, or adjust all individual transportation contracts submitted by the county superintendent;
(7) prescribe rules for the consideration of controversies appealed to the superintendent and rule on the controversies; and
(8) disburse the state transportation reimbursement in accordance with the provisions of law and the transportation policies of the board of public education.
History: En. 75-7005 by Sec. 282, Ch. 5, L. 1971; amd. Sec. 2, Ch. 416, L. 1973; R.C.M. 1947, 75-7005; amd. Sec. 317, Ch. 56, L. 2009.