37-7-1512. Rulemaking authority. The board shall adopt rules to carry out and enforce this part, including but not limited to rules that:
(1) specify the type of information to be reported on prescription drug orders involving controlled substances;
(2) establish the requirements for transmitting from a pharmacy to the board prescription drug order information involving controlled substances;
(3) define the electronic format for submission of information;
(4) define the circumstances under which a pharmacy may receive a waiver from the requirement to submit information electronically;
(5) specify the procedure through which a pharmacy may request an extension of the time limit for submitting information;
(6) establish how a person or entity authorized to receive information from the registry may submit a request for the information;
(7) specify the ways in which the board may use records involving requests for registry information to document and report on statistics involving the registry;
(8) set the fees to be charged for establishing and maintaining the registry; and
(9) establish confidentiality provisions to ensure that the privacy of patient information is maintained.
History: En. Sec. 13, Ch. 241, L. 2011.