75-10-1201. Definitions. As used in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Board" means the board of environmental review provided for in 2-15-3502.
(2) "Department" means the department of environmental quality provided for in 2-15-3501.
(3) "Disposal" means the discharge, injection, deposit, dumping, spilling, leaking, or placing of septage into or onto the land or water.
(4) "Domestic sewage" means waste and wastewater from humans or household operations that are discharged to or otherwise enter a treatment works.
(5) "Industrial wastewater" means wastewater generated in a commercial or industrial process.
(6) "Person" means an individual, firm, partnership, association, corporation, city, town, local government entity, or other government or private entity, whether organized for profit or not.
(7) (a) "Septage" means liquid or solid material removed from a septic tank, cesspool, portable toilet, or similar treatment works that receives only domestic sewage.
(b) Septage does not include material removed from a septic tank, cesspool, or similar treatment works that receives industrial wastewater and does not include grease removed from a grease trap at a restaurant.
(8) "Treatment works" means a publicly owned or privately owned device or system used to treat, including to recycle and to reclaim, either domestic sewage or a combination of domestic sewage and industrial waste of a liquid nature.
History: En. Sec. 1, Ch. 378, L. 1999.